Experience: Prior retail and/or merchandising experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, FAST Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to complete assignments with little to no assistance.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Work shifts may vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Traveling between store locations in your personal vehicle is required; often with long periods of time in the vehicle while doing so.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines.
The FAST Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that FAST Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. FAST Team Members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs while safely operating your own personal vehicle when traveling between store locations. Must be able to spend long periods of time in a vehicle while doing so.
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, computer, mobile device, inventory counting electronic devices)
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to be near or around birds/poultry.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.